Join us for the first fully online Palliative Care Course for Emergency Department healthcare practitioners in Singapore! Specially designed by practicing clinicians and nurses from Emergency Medicine and Palliative Medicine, this course provides busy clinicians and nurses with generalist palliative care skills and knowledge to meet the needs of patients with serious life-limiting diseases in the Emergency Department.
- The scope of palliative care in the Emergency Department
- Pain and symptom management.
- Care of the dying.
- Serious illness communications.
At the end of the course, learners will be able to:
1. Explain the importance of integrating palliative care principles in emergency department settings.
2. Apply principles of pain and symptom management for patients requiring palliative care.
3. Identify the patient at end-of-life and provide appropriate care for the dying in the emergency department context.
4. Develop basic communication skills for sensitive conversations with critically-ill patients and their families.
Learners will access materials such as videos, animated presentations, readings, assessments on the Learning Management System (LMS) at own pace and time.
Estimated time required is 5 hours.
Learners have access to the materials for a month upon successful registration*.
The online self-paced learning is supplemented by an online forum that will address any questions and comments.
Please click on the button to register and purchase the respective course
For learners who have an existing account / NUS users, please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org before clicking to buy
|EMPOWER: Palliative Care Course for Emergency Department for Doctors|
|EMPOWER: Palliative Care Course for Emergency Department for Nurses|
There will be no refund for online courses. Kindly e-mail to us at email@example.com for more information.
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org / (+65) 65161839 (Nicole) or visit our course page here
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
SGD$86.40 (INCLUSIVE OF GST)
PENDING ACCREDITATION FROM SMC & SNB (for local participants)
Local and international doctors and nurses in active clinical practice in acute care settings
|Proficiency in English|
|Registered doctors and nurses|